I’m one of those people who will go for ages without asking a soul for anyone. And I know I’m not the only one. But there’s something very important about life as humans that we often forget, and that is that we all really depend on each other to survive.
A newborn baby will quickly die or become sick without some form of touch and communication. The trees and flowers would shrivel and die if the oceans refused to release water into the air to become clouds, or if the clouds refused to give rain.
You get the idea. People need people. We need the earth and the earth needs us.
So why did I decide to start a GoFundMe campaign? Because I realized that there are people like myself out there who actually enjoy giving. I often go onto the Global Giving website and find causes that I want to support. On that sticks out in my mind was the endeavor to provide computers to girls in Afghanistan who wouldn’t be able to stay in school otherwise. That mission had been completed and I’m happy and proud to have contributed to that goal.
So, here are my 5 reasons:
- It allows me to give rewards to people who donate. It feels good to give back, even if something is a gift.
- I believe that the world is full of many good people. I know so many people who refuse to start campaigns because they say, “oh please, no one will support me!” Maybe so, but you’ll never know unless you try.
- I like to go out on a limb and try new ideas. Not everything works for everybody, but again, you never know unless you try.
- Their website color scheme is so friendly. This may seem like a weird reason, but I really love the feel of their website. I could have just as easily gone with Kickstarter or Indiegogo (both of which I also like and support).
- “Ask and ye shall receive.” Or so the Good Book says. It usually has a point.
Feel free to check out my donation page and the rewards for each level! And don’t be shy to share this page to your blog, Facebook, Twitter …etc …
Next blog post will be on how to be productive every single day of your life. For real! Hit the follow button in the sidebar so you won’t miss it.